What’s the Difference Between LED and Halogen Lightbulbs?
As you drive home from work, you likely have noticed that different cars shine different lights. LEDs and halogen headlights are two of the most common headlights used by drivers today. What’s the difference between LED and halogen lightbulbs? Is one better than the other? Below, we will review the notable pros and cons of each option.
Halogen Bulb Advantages and Disadvantages
- Produces a warm yellow light
- Found in new and old vehicle models
- The most common and cheapest option
- Won’t blind other motorists
- Requires more energy due to heat being produced
LED Bulb Advantages and Disadvantages
- Produces a bright white light
- Offered with many modern models as standard or available options
- Provides more visibility for the driver but can be more blinding to other motorists
- Looks and feels much cooler (the amount of heat produced is much lower than with halogen)
- More expensive to replace
Ultimately, the bulb you choose is up to your personal preference. Prefer one over the other? At U.S. Auto Sales, we have many vehicles available with both halogen and LED headlights. We will be happy to help you browse hundreds of options and find the right car for your needs. Simply contact our team and one of our representatives will reach out to assist.